Sending lithium in Belgium or abroad
The conditions for the transport of lithium differ depending on the mode of transport. In general, the following guidelines apply:
New lithium batteries or cells
- Battery: lithium content not higher than 2 grams / 100 Wh.
- Cell: lithium content not higher than 1 gram / 20 Wh.
- Maximum 4 cells or 2 batteries in one device per shipment.
- Loose batteries and cells or equipment with additional batteries / cells may not be sent by post.
- Cells and batteries in equipment may not be completely discharged during transport. Therefore, pack them securely (rigid outer packaging and equipment attached inside).
- There must be no risk of overheating or short-circuiting of the batteries.
- The batteries may not be damaged or defective.
- The batteries must be inspected.
- Used lithium batteries or cells may not be sent by post.